twisted-yarns

"a rose is a rose is a rose" check out some yarn for a change - its never the same.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Day 3



This is a sad day for me. At 9:35a, I looked through the view-finder of my Sony Cybershot, which I bought a year and 15 days ago, to find fine grey lines. A quick stop at a Boston Ritz Camera for a brief diagnosis... I didn't realize a digital camera can suffer from enlarged pixelization. Sony will probably fix it for me for a couple of hundred dollars. great. a couple of hundred dollars... I'll just pull it out of my *%)*#@%! (wallet). After a couple of tears, I corrected my attitude and made up my mind not to let it ruin the rest of my vacation. Therefore, any photos on this blog for the duration of my vacation will either be taken by Denis or me with Denis' camera.
Today, we did the museum things. First we stopped at the Museum of Fine Art - Boston and then on to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. At the first museum, we took in an interesting exhibit of Russian textiles from the early 1920's and 30's. An interesting incorporation of propaganda and flowers/etc. The ISG was Ms. Gardner's private residence, which she left to the people of Boston with the promise they would perserve her things just as she had them and to only show the artwork that she had originally collected. 16 years ago there was a break in at the museum and several important pieces were taken and haven't been yet retrieved. Instead of rearranging things the empty frames hang as left by the robbers.
Along our way we saw several gorgeous brownstones and the bar "Cheers" which inspired the hit television show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home