twisted-yarns

"a rose is a rose is a rose" check out some yarn for a change - its never the same.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

poker night





Denis arrived at 6:30ish, wearing the sweater vest I made him for Christmas and looking quite dapper, for a special dinner and evening of cards. Porscha (her own recipe) made delicious, unique calzones using chicken, mangoes, orange zest, ginger and a few other "secret" ingredients. I wouldn't have thought to mix in mangoes but they made a perfect compliment to the chicken and ginger.
After dinner, we divided up a cup of plastic chips between four of us (Porscha had left to climb with some friends at Planet Rock.) Greg, Cynthia, Denis and I were playing for M&M's, the winner take all. Piles of chips rose and fell, and rose and fell, again. About 10:30, we started to up the ante to expediate the game but were still playing when Porscha arrived back home at 11. She took over for Greg, as he had lost his stamina. Cynthia and Denis were eliminated and one grand hand had left me with 90% of the chips. Aha! I became quite cocky and played fast and loose with my chips. Before I realized what was happening, my chips were depleated and Porscha had the lion's share. In a desperate attempt to regain some of my lead, I plied the bluff. She pushed all her chips forward and I, unable to match them and with nothing more than a single Jack in my hand, was beaten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home