twisted-yarns

"a rose is a rose is a rose" check out some yarn for a change - its never the same.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Civil War Muster

Ideal day... almost.
The muster didn't start until 2p so I was able to sleep in and catch the whole thing. After a short dusting off, I loaded my Canon EOS A1 (no, not a digital) and my Sony Digital camera and headed to Jackson. Fresh out of the car, I was surrounded with the sights and sounds of a festival; kettle corn popping, roasting ears of corn, funnel cakes (one of Denis' favorites), fiddle music, etc., and..., to my great surprise, Abraham's Lady had set up a tent.
Denis and I walked the edges of the battlefield taking photos and talking to the reinactors. Information was gathered about cooking on a campfire, Zoave soldiers and their uniforms, battlefield doctors, canons, war horses and more. After the battle and dragging Denis away from a pot of boiling stew and an angelfood cake, I settled into the Abraham's Lady's tent and did some shopping.
Bubble tea from Bubble Island in Ann Arbor completed the day. Ahhhh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home