twisted-yarns

"a rose is a rose is a rose" check out some yarn for a change - its never the same.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

waffles & tribulations

My oldest daughter has been working at a diner in Park City, Utah for a few months and has enjoyed it... except for one exception. One of the guys she works with has been verbally abusing her and grabbing her butt. Scariest of all abuse was the threat, "I am going to fu#$-ing kill you, bitch!" She was justifibily upset to the point of tears and vomiting last week and called me for advice. Her boss has agreed to fire the young man responsible for the abuse but there are still problems.
1. The possibility of retribution or stalking
2. The culprits father is very well known to the owner, eats at the restaurant all the time, built his house and didn't like my daughter to begin with.
3. The son has mislead his father regarding the relationship with my daughter, thus he think she mistreated his son.
She likes the job and the people (other than the abuser, obviously) and has started making some improvements in her financial health but isn't comfortable about working there anymore with such hatred in the atmosphere. I am not sure what to tell her except that her self-respect, safety and health are more important than a job. I don't know how this will wash out but am very anxious for her. It was so much easier when she was young and I was able to protect her from strangers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home