twisted-yarns

"a rose is a rose is a rose" check out some yarn for a change - its never the same.

Sunday, May 04, 2008

In the rafters






Yesterday was my first experience as a "Prop-tart". I wasn't sure what the job description entailed but found it interesting without being too taxing. The only difficult part of the day was rolling the "Marlee" back on its storage pipes. The flooring has a tendency to curve off to either side which requires unrolling and re-rolling and it is heavier than I like to handle. After a lengthy first roll and a frustrated experience with my co-working helping me, I stood up and gave the center of the roll a kick in the right direction. To my surprise, it rolled much straighter left to its own accord rather than trying to "woman"-handle it into place. My method worked so well the rest of my team noticed and started to try and copy my approach. But that was work at the end of the day. During the second part of the show, my friend and co-worker, Annemarie and I climbed to the very top of the fly system and out onto the cat walk. We sat in front of a hole in the cheese grater like grid, surrounded by balloon and waited for out cue to start tossing them down. While waiting for the cue, I took out my phone and started shooting the show from above. It would have been nice to use my larger camera but I didn't know I would have the opportunity to take photo and was lucky to have my camera phone with me. So I shot a few dozen pix and bi dded my time until it was time to toss the party favors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home