twisted-yarns

"a rose is a rose is a rose" check out some yarn for a change - its never the same.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Crabby in Michigan

The sky has been various shades of gray for the last 20 days, with the exception of one day. For several hours on the 23rd of December, the gray thinned and a light cyan emerged and the people of southeastern Michigan rejoiced. The light gray fades to black at 5:15 this evening, the days are getting longer. The air is moist, chilly and heavy with depression.
Bands of pressure and pain have encircled my head for the last two days, a dull ache presses in on my eyes and my inner ears feel ridgid and full.
Depression? Of course! Why wouldn't I be depressed. It spills out through my mood and slaps those closest to me. I see it happening and should stop it but I let the misery win and enjoy sharing it for a moment. It's mean, without a doubt, and I hate having done it only moments later. Later, my cause will plead understanding, forgiveness and space. Above all... space. Space to be alone with my pain and able to sulk without judgement. Then...I will want those same loved ones to comfort me with quiet hugs and Advil. Bring on the Advil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home