twisted-yarns

"a rose is a rose is a rose" check out some yarn for a change - its never the same.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

keb'mo'


Wednesday evening, Keb' Mo' (born Kevin Moore 1951, noted American blues singer, guitarist, and songwriter) played the Ann Arbor Michigan Theatre. Earlier that day, I received an unexpected called from the IASTA to help with the move-in and then the load-out. It was hard work made more so by the towers of speakers the tour brought with them. They were prepared for much larger venues with the equipment to haul up the speakers via lifts. Thursday I was covered with bruises and am questioning the intelligence of my working as a stagehand for these types of shows. My small stature limits my ability to do somethings and increases the risks of someone getting hurt. I was worried about my call to work, Friday, for the UofM Groove program. As it turned out, I enjoyed the work which was mostly lighting with no heavy lifting and no holding down lighting pipes loaded with three hundred pounds in stage weights that would send it flying if someone isn't doing there job. (Photos used here are from www.kebmo.com, Keb'Mo's official website and are for the sole purpose of illustrating whom I am talking about.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home