twisted-yarns

"a rose is a rose is a rose" check out some yarn for a change - its never the same.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

the recital, the union, the mascot, the websites and friends

The IATSE has kept me very busy for the last week and I am very appreciative as the check should be enough to get me out to visit Porscha. Last night, I was up until 6a working on the drawings for Albion's dance recital. Although the drawing is going well worries about the budget and build time are hanging dark. In the morning I had an meeting with Linda of SquareRose.com. She started her business and put up a website just over a year ago and things are moving well. She took a class in DreamWeaver but isn't confident in her abilities, so she wants me to kind of hold the bike while she takes her first ride. She, also, needs a couple additions to her site and some photography done. Lisa from UofM's graphic design department has asked me to produce another mascot for them and... Madeline called first thing this morning to see if she could hire me to help at Eastern. Wow! It's nice to be in demand but since there is only one of me I have to learn to say, "no," to some of this work. Mad is a dear friend and I would love to help her out but it can't happen.
Is it a "woman thing" or just a "person thing" that makes it difficult to walk away when one could help out a friend even though it would be detrimental to the person doing the helping out? Either way, I just have to get used to looking after myself first and not always being available to help others. Geeez, just thought of it makes me crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home