twisted-yarns

"a rose is a rose is a rose" check out some yarn for a change - its never the same.

Monday, February 19, 2007

...on parade

Subject 1: In just two short days I will be winging my way to the South of France and I am stoked! In the meantime I have quite a few things to get done. First, the costumes of Fiddler have to be Ready enough for the students at Albion to finish. Done! Tonight a "dress parade" was held to see were we stand and things appear in great condition. There are many alterations to do, the constable's jacket and two Russians' shirts to make but a whole week to finish the work. Second, notify the Union that I will be out of town... Done. Third, pack and make copies of my itinerary for the family. Done. There are a few other things to do but they are small and, mentally, I am already there.

Subject 2: Porscha is on her way to El Paso for a few days of climbing. It's great that she is able to see old friends and have a break from work but I sure worry about her getting there, sleeping in her car and getting home. From the time she leaves her home until the time she arrives back home I worry. (I love you, Porscha! Keep safe.)

Subject 3: Cynthia and Virgina are out at the Necto tonight. Surprized? I am. Virginia talked Cynthia into putting on a satin brocade corset and gold jeans and off they went.

and, Subject 4: This morning I had a glorious manicure and pedicure at Silk, an upscale nail salon in Ann Arbor. Alexis bathed my feet in rose-petal water, slathered it with cucumber creams and exfoliators, as I set back in a body massaging chair. Two and a half hours, I walked in a relaxed fog to my car with my sparkly copper fingertips. Sounds like a dream, doesn't it? Well, it was until nine of the ten tappered nail shed their lacquered coats completely! Tomorrow morning you will find me in the manicurist's chair again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home