twisted-yarns

"a rose is a rose is a rose" check out some yarn for a change - its never the same.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Stressed by making progress

Yes, it has been days, maybe a week since I have posted to my blog. No apologizes but an explanation... I have been so busy that I have been barely able to sleep. A typical day goes something like this: I wake about 6a. and go to Ann Arbor's Power Center and run wardrobe for the Hubbard Street Dance Company, off at 1p. and spend the next few hours shopping the show I am doing for Albion College, run back home to grab a bit and some paint clothes and I am ready to work on the set for Pirates of Penzance from 7:30p to 10:30p, finally, I return home to do paperwork, any web updates for my clients and organize costumes for the next day. Usually, I get to bed about 4 but two nights ago I couldn't turn off my mind and was only able to sleep 1.5 hours. How do I keep going? Well, Pirates moves into the theatre next Monday so I can see the light at the end of that tunnel and I leave for France on the 21st and the thought of that mental health break keeps me going. Fiddler opens the day after I return so that will be off my plate. However, I still have one more show to design before the madness is under control. That is the dance show for Albion College. But, I don't want to think about that now. My most desperate concern is the union. I call in every Monday to see what jobs they have for me that week and I can not turn them down. Things have worked out well so far but the next week is very busy already and I don't know how I could fit another 15 minutes of work into it.
Tonight, I wanted to go to a show at Eastern for one of my old professors that is retiring. He is designing the set and my friend, Madeliene, is designing costumes. It was there final dress and I was to take photos. After returning from Albion I just couldn't get up the energy and I still have some planning to do for tomorrow so I decided not to do it. The guilt is heavy but I have to learn to do what I have to do for myself. This was a first step.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home