twisted-yarns

"a rose is a rose is a rose" check out some yarn for a change - its never the same.

Friday, February 09, 2007

count down

Things are beginning to come together for Fiddler and that makes me more relaxed. I worked in Albion all day and supervised the students work. There is much to do and many students stop by to help out. They come in not knowing anything about sewing or having some experience and, if I'm lucky, very experienced. But mostly, they have never sewn before. It slows my progress to stop and explain how to gather or clip; corners or finish an edge, but teaching and watching the excitement that comes with mastering a new skill.
My first sewing experience was in 7th grade HomeEd (Now, known as domestic engineering) where I made a knit tank top of a blue, white and turquoise blocky print with a navy ricrac trim. Back in the seventies even Meijer's sold fabric. Now, it's difficult to find sewing material.
I would like to write more but I have been trying to get to sleep earlier and the wine I am drink has started to take effect. So I must sign off for tonight. I'll catch up with you tomorrow.
Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home