twisted-yarns

"a rose is a rose is a rose" check out some yarn for a change - its never the same.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

trolling for next season's work

The work is gruelling and consuming with no job security. Why do I do it? Partially, I love to see a show come together and being a part of a great show. When I do a set design I love thinking of r the spaces when the actors can bring the story alive and doing it in an interesting manner than adds quality and imagination to that world and a place where the director can bring his/her best efforts forth. And... I just love to build a small scale model and watch it become life size. The part I really don't enjoy is trying to line up jobs for the next season. The pursuit has started for next year's jobs and is going well so far. I have couple of calls back and an offer to write an article for a new magazine (This could lead to more.) and a gallery show coming up. Two shows and the rest would be fine with me because I don't want to be as busy as I have been the last six months, besides I am still working for the union. For those of you reading this... wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home