twisted-yarns

"a rose is a rose is a rose" check out some yarn for a change - its never the same.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

comcastic?! @#$%*&

Gradually our Comcast internet connection slowed to a snail's pace, making dial-up look like a dream. Although the time is late, I decided to call and complain. After 5 minutes of pushing buttons and being re-re-redirected a congenial man helped me restart my modem and router and with a short diagnostics procedure he found the modem to be gone. "It is 108 days old and hasn't been reset." Since when is 108 days longevity for a piece of equipment? They will replace the modem but tomorrow is Martin Luther King Day and they are closed. I will have to wait until Tuesday and set aside 3 hours to wait for they to come and exchange it. That's fine. Only a few days more and I will be able to do business from my home!!! I do think I should get some sort of discount on this last month and the next couple days of less than adequate connection. Com-man says he can only offer me 2 days otherwise Comcast calls it stealing. Is that a dig? Insult? Should I be insulted? Because I feel as though I was just called a thief. "I would like to talk to your supervisor?" After 20 minutes of hold I hung up. Within a tick of a minute they called back and... They are going to credit us for the last month of service. Well thank you, Com-man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home