twisted-yarns

"a rose is a rose is a rose" check out some yarn for a change - its never the same.

Monday, October 08, 2007

thank you, best buy & sony

My generous husband purchased a hp computer/laptop for me last December as an early Christmas gift and I was thrilled. After a month of use the DVD/cd burner/player died and we returned it for exchange. Unfortunately, the model we had purchased was discontinued and we ended up spending $500.00 more to get a comparable Sony Vaio. The name brand reassured us of its quality and reliability. Two months ago, the webcam ceased working and I was told it would have to be sent out for repairs. Knowing I was to be out of town for a week in September, I waited to turn it into Best Buy. It took them 2 weeks to get it back to me... with a completely reformatted hard-drive. Good thing I backed everything up using the Vaio Backup Utility... or so I thought. The 4 DVD's it burned for me before my trip are completely corrupted and I have lost all the work for the last 9 months. Uggggghhhh!!! The icing on the cake? Best Buy charged me, again, to remove the AOL software that comes with the computer because Sony reset everything to the original settings.
Now, I must go and write 2 "strongly worded" letters, one to Best Buy and one to Sony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home